Inspirations for handmade gift wrapping
Impress your guests with sweets and small homemade delights lovingly wrapped for the holiday season.
This is how you can make your own original gift wrap with easy-to-use kraft paper. We give you 3 different ideas to make according to your tastes, plus name tags you can download for free! This holiday season, add a unique, eye-catching touch to all your gifts!
Simple and classy, this black gift wrapping is easy to do and quick to personalize.
- Step 1
Wrap your package in black paper. Print this name tag template and cut it out.
- Step 2
Reproduce the shape of the label by enlarging its size on scrapbooking paper and cut it out. Affix the name tag to the cut-out scrapbooking paper and hole punch it.
- Step 3
Tie the white bell to the black string, put it on the side of the package and then wrap the remaining string around the package three times. Make a simple knot to secure the string and thread on your name tag. Attach the name tag by making a loop.
- Step 4
Slide a few thyme sprigs under the bell.
- Rolls of black paper are easy to find in art supply stores.
- Black is easy to accessorize! Try tone on tone, black and white contrast or even a hint of “glamour” by adding gold!
- You can add a touch of colour in order to make a decorative element stand out.
- You can play with the ingredients that make up your gourmet gifts to decorate your package! Here for example, thyme sprigs create a theme with the lemon thyme shortbread that the package contains.
Kraft paper to wrap presents costs next to nothing and can be quite seductive looking.
How to “pimp” your kraft paper with an easy DIY technique, that doesn’t require a lot of material, but really stands out.
With a felt tip white marker, write song lyrics, a poem or even a personal message to the person you aim to spoil.
Let your package dry and wrap it with your kraft paper calligraphy.
Cut a piece of ribbon. Wrap it around your package and attach it underneath using hot glue. Repeat this step by placing the second ribbon perpendicular to the first. Glue.
In order to create a perfect knot, follow the next steps: Cut a small piece of ribbon and make a circle. Glue the ends together with hot glue.
Using another piece of ribbon, flatten and wrap your circle in the centre and attach it all with hot glue.
In order tie up the bow, glue the folded ribbon to the back of the centre section. Cut both ends, in a point or in a “V”.
Glue your bow on the ribbon, on top of the package!
- You can write whatever you wish on your kraft paper and even try different writing styles.
- White is soft and shows up well on kraft paper. A permanent black felt marker can also create a more contrasting effect. And you can soften everything up with a light coloured ribbon.
- The ribbon can also used to present small gifts! Here we’ve wrapped a giant lollipop for the kids!
These bows are fun and easy solutions to decorate your gift wrapping. Print the template, follow the steps and, presto!
- Step 1
Print your templates and cut them out.
- Step 2
Put your cut-out templates on your scrapbooking paper, retrace their contours and cut them out.
- Step 3
Take the “glasses” shaped piece and gently fold each end towards the centre. Glue the two ends with hot glue.
- Step 4
Glue the bow onto the base and wrap the rectangular strip around the centre of the 2-piece bow. Glue the strip at the back to secure.
- Step 5
And presto! The completed bow can be added to your gift bag or to any other wrapping.
- I love to add bows to kraft paper bags. They’re a simple gift-wrapping solution and easy to decorate.
- You can make your own kraft paper bags or even buy them in art supply.