Apple cake with raspberry coulis
This apple cake is a cinch to prepare for coffee or tea time with friends. Forget inferior cake mixes – offer your guests a great homemade cake, chock-full of fruit.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, Natrel Lactose Free 2% and vegetable oil. Add the flour and baking powder, and continue to mix.
- Add the apples and mix a bit more until mixture is well combined.
- Divide the mixture between 2 springform pans and cook in the oven for 50 minutes, or until a knife inserted into one of the cakes comes out clean.
- Immediately turn out each cake onto a plate to remove from mould. Let cool to room temperature.
- When the cakes have cooled completely, place the ingredients for the whipped cream filling in a bowl and beat until the cream forms stiff peaks.
- Using a spatula, spread the whipped cream over the top of one of the cakes. Place the second cake on top of the whipped cream. Turning the cake, run the spatula along the edge of the filling to make level (fill holes with a little whipped cream if needed).
- Place all the ingredients for the raspberry coulis in a blender and purée until smooth.
- Pour over the cake, letting some of the coulis run down the sides.