BLT-style Mac & Cheese with Le Superbe Raclette Cheese – Week 43: Sandwich-style
There's probably nothing easier or more comforting than a grilled cheese sandwich! Yet getting it just right is almost an art. Too much butter on the bread before grilling and it gets greasy. Not enough in the way of toppings and it’s bland.
It also has to contain several slices of cheese.
For this week’s “Sandwich-style” theme, I immediately thought of the ever-versatile grilled cheese—but with a BLT twist!
My BLT features creamy Mac & Cheese, crisp bacon, tomatoes, lettuce, and melted Le Superbe raclette cheese—all grilled to perfection!
- In a saucepan, melt butter and soften onion and garlic.
- Add flour and stir for 1 minute, making sure the flour doesn’t brown.
- Add milk and cream, beating with a whisk until smooth.
- Simmer for 15 minutes, stirring regularly until sauce thickens.
- Mix in the Emmental and Parmesan, then the pasta. Season with salt and pepper. Pour into a baking dish and cover with the rest of the cheese.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until golden.
- Garnish sandwiches with macaroni, raclette cheese slices, bacon, tomatoes, and lettuce.