Brie Mac & Cheese — Week 6: Hors d’oeuvres
Festive sweet or savoury hors d’oeuvres are perfect for the holiday season.
For this week’s Hors d’oeuvres theme, I made some delicious snacks that are crispy on the outside and soft and warm on the inside.
Mac & Cheese balls with Brie cheese in the middle. Add some tomato sauce, and your guests will keep coming back for more.
Here’s a simple, yet delicious recipe you can prepare in advance and that everyone will love.
- In a pot, melt butter and soften onion and pepper for 3 to 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add flour and stir for 1 minute, making sure the flour doesn’t brown.
- Gradually add milk and cream, beating with a whisk to obtain a smooth sauce.
- Simmer for 15 minutes, stirring regularly until the sauce thickens.
- Add cheddar cheese, the chive and pasta.
- Pour into a dish and cool for about an hour.
- Shape the mixture into balls, insert a little Brie cheese in the centre and close carefully.
- Roll in flour, beaten egg and breadcrumbs in turn.
- Fry the bites a few minutes in oil until crispy and golden. Serve with your favourite tomato sauce, to taste.