Butter Bundt cake with caramel and fleur de sel
Here’s a cake that everyone will love – guaranteed! Not only is it original, but its flavour is out of this world!
- Preheat the oven to 325°F (160°C).
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, mix together the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- Next add the butter, vanilla seeds, caramel latte milk, milk, lemon juice and eggs. Mix together on medium speed for 2 to 3 minutes or until smooth.
- Pour the cake dough into a well-buttered Bundt pan and level out. Place in the middle of the oven and cook for about 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean. Remove from the oven and make 12 holes in the cake using the handle of a wooden spoon. Do not make the holes too deep, as you don’t want to ruin the bottom of the cake (which will become the top when you invert it).
- Meanwhile, preheat a small saucepan on medium heat. Add the butter sauce ingredients and stir for 4 to 5 minutes until the butter has melted and the sugar has dissolved. Pour the mixture all over the cake, filling the holes. Let cool completely for about 2 hours.
- Carefully run a knife along the sides of the pan to loosen the cake. Turn the cake out onto a serving plate with a few brisk taps. Top with the caramel spread and garnish with a few pinches of fleur de sel. Slice up and enjoy!