Chocolate Easter Nests
Delicious little chocolate cakes, all dolled up for Easter!
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and creamy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla and stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to butter and sugar mixture. Add milk and stir to combine.
- Line muffin tin with cupcake liners. Fill each with batter, two-thirds full.
- Bake in oven at 375°F for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes or so.
- Melt chocolate in a double-boiler or a bowl set above a saucepan of boiling water. Allow chocolate to cool but not harden, about 5 minutes.
- While the chocolate is cooling, beat cream in a large bowl until it reaches the consistency of whipped cream.
- Fold chocolate into whipped cream and gently combine to obtain an ethereal chocolate cream.
- Using a piping bag, cover the little cakes with the chocolate cream. If you don’t have a piping bag, a spoon will do just fine.
- Place a few Easter eggs in the centre of the icing to make a little nest on top of each cupcake.