Chocolate lava cakes
“I love you” is not just reserved for sweethearts on St. Valentine’s – it’s a sentiment we can share with friends too. And there is nothing better than a decadent cake to say it with. To treat my friends to a little something special, lava cake is just the ticket thanks to its versatility when it comes to flavour and presentation. The molten heart of this cake will surprise your friends and you can personalize it with their favourite flavour – a touch that won’t go unappreciated!
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Generously butter 4 ramekins and set aside.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs, egg yolk and sugar. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, melt the chocolate and butter over low heat.
- Transfer the chocolate to the bowl with the egg mixture, stirring. Add the flour and mix.
- Divide mixture among the ramekins and cook in the oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until the outside of the cakes are cooked and the inside is molten.
- Turn out onto plates and serve immediately.