Chocolate Pots de Crème with Espelette Pepper
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, mix chocolate milk with cocoa powder and Espelette pepper and bring to a simmer. Whisk until cocoa powder is fully dissolved.
- Pour the hot milk mixture over the eggs, whisking constantly until fully combined. Remove foam on top of the mixture with a skimmer.
- Pour into six custard cups or ramekins. Place them in a deep, oven safe pot and pour simmering water in the latter pot until it reaches the ⅔ of the cups or ramekins’ height.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until they are set in the centre.
- Cool at room temperature and sprinkle with Espelette pepper.