Citrus and mint salmon gravlax served with lemony whipped cream
Contrary to what one might think, this impressive and delicious appetizer is a cinch to make. Simply mix up the marinade, spread it over the salmon and wait a few days for the flavour to develop. Prepare yourself for the compliments… This recipe won’t fail to please!
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients, except for the salmon, together.
- Place the salmon on a large Pyrex plate. Spread the marinade over it. Firmly press down with your hands.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place the dish in the refrigerator. Place a weight on the salmon (mayonnaise or olive jar, etc.). Refrigerate for 2 to 3 days.
- Remove the plastic wrap. Scrape away the salty crust. Rinse the salmon and drain. Pat dry with paper towel. Cut the gravlax into thin slices.
- Whip the cream, using an electric beater. Mix in the lemon zest. Season with salt and pepper. Add some lemon juice, if desired. Serve the gravlax on crackers accompanied by the lemony whipped cream. Enjoy!