Dark Chocolate Crème Brûlée
Mouthwatering crème brûlée with the rich taste of dark chocolate.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Pour chocolate milk into small pot over low heat. Scrape seeds out of vanilla bean and cut pod into 3 pieces. Add seeds and pod to milk.
- Allow vanilla to steep for 5–6 minutes. Remove pod pieces. Remove milk from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat sugar and egg yolks vigorously for 5 minutes or until mixture is pale. Add cream to blend.
- Slowly add milk to egg mixture. Stir to blend, allowing sugar to dissolve.
- Divide mixture between 6 ramekins.
- Set ramekins in a deep baking dish. Pour hot water ¾ of the way up sides of ramekins. Bake in oven for 45 minutes.
- Remove dish from oven, remove ramekins from water, and allow to cool for 30 minutes. The mixture won’t set completely. Place ramekins in fridge for at least 3 hours or until completely cooled. For optimum results, leave in fridge for 24 hours.
- Remove ramekins from fridge immediately before serving. Top each crême brûlée with a bit of sugar, distributing evenly over surface. Use a blowtorch to caramelize if desired.