French Toast with Orange Zest and Maple Whipped Cream
Maple Whipped Cream
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle the gelatine over the water and let the mixture expand. Melt the mixture on low. (Do not boil). When the mixture is smooth and consistent, mix in the Natrel Lactose Free 3.25% using a whisk. Turn off the heat. Beat the mixture for 30 seconds.
- Add the sugar and vanilla extract to the Natrel Lactose Free 3.25% mixture. Mix together using a whisk.
- Refrigerate for about 1 hour, taking care to stir the mixture every 15 to 20 minutes.
- When the Natrel Lactose Free 3.25% mixture is nice and gelatinous, transfer it to a bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat the mixture for 15 minutes or until the texture resembles whipped cream. Mix in the maple syrup and beat again until the mixture forms soft peaks. Set aside.
- In a shallow dish, mix eggs, Natrel Lactose Free 2%, honey, cinnamon, sea salt, orange zest and juice and whisk until well combined.
- Dip each slice of bread into the egg mixture and let set both sides for 2 minutes.
- Melt the coconut oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add bread and cook until golden and brown. Flip and repeat.
- Top with whipped cream, chopped toasted walnuts and some sliced strawberries.