Fried Chicken and Waffle Sandwich
A crispy fried chicken breast is sandwiched between two light and fluffy waffles, with bacon, lettuce, tomato and maple mayo. It’s basically the best sandwich you'll ever eat, EVER.
- Fry bacon, set aside.
- Prepare the maple mayo by mixing together all ingredients, set aside.
- Prepare waffle batter by mixing the dry ingredients together, then adding the wet ingredients and whisking until smooth. Set aside. Preheat waffle iron.
- Prepare the chicken by mixing together the panko, flour, chives, salt and pepper and place in a small dish. Pour cream into a bowl. Fillet the two chicken breasts in half, giving you four thin pieces. Heat oil in a cast iron skillet or heavy-bottomed frying pan to 350°F. One by one, drench chicken pieces in cream, then flour mixture until completely coated. Fry the breaded chicken pieces for about 4 to 5 minutes per side or until golden and cooked through.
- While the chicken is frying, make the waffles according to your waffle iron instructions.
- Spread maple mayo on the bottom waffle, then chicken, bacon, lettuce and tomato. Top with another waffle and get ready to have the biggest food-baby of your life.