Homemade lactose free ice cream, your way
Would you believe me if I told you you don’t need an ice cream maker to enjoy homemade lactose free ice cream? My recipe for lactose free ice cream, which you can use as a base to create any number of delicious flavours, will become your favourite heat-licking treat for hot summer days. All you need is a little originality and patience to create an ice cream just the way you like it. Give it a try!
- In a pot, mix the Natrel Lactose Free 2%, sugar and vanilla together. Gently simmer until the sugar is completely dissolved. Set aside.
(If making lactose free double-chocolate ice cream, add the cocoa to the mixture here.)
- In a bowl, beat the egg. Add a small quantity of the hot Natrel Lactose Free 2%, constantly whisking, to cool the Natrel Lactose Free 2%. Still whisking, add the remaining hot Natrel Lactose Free 2%. Stir until the mixture is consistent. Transfer mixture back to the pot.
- Bring the mixture to a boil. Lower heat and gently simmer until it has thickened and has a pastry cream-like texture. Let cool completely.
- In a bowl, whip the cream until it forms stiff peaks. Slowly incorporate the cooled Natrel Lactose Free mixture.
(If making lactose free strawberry, mango or chocolate chip ice cream, add the fruit purée or chocolate chips to the mixture here.)
- Immediately transfer to an airtight bowl.
(If making lactose free double-chocolate or strawberry ice cream, add the chocolate syrup or strawberry jam to the mixture here. Careful not to overstir.)
- Freeze for 6 to 8 hours. Enjoy!