Iced Caramel Latte Coffee Pops
When the weather heats up, it’s time to cool down. These Iced Caramel Latte Coffee Pops feature a creamy custard layer, a caramel topping and a brewed coffee and espresso layer. Delicious and refreshing, these ice pops are your after-dinner coffee and dessert in one!
- Arrange the 12 small plastic cups in a baking pan large enough to hold them all. Cover the bottom of each cup with some caramel sauce. Set aside.
- Custard layer: Stir together the caramel latte milk, custard powder, sugar and espresso powder in a saucepan. Heat the mixture over medium heat, stirring constantly, until it begins to boil and thicken. Remove from heat and allow to cool for 10–15 minutes, stirring occasionally. When slightly cooled, pour into pop cups, filling each one to about 2/3 full.
- Place aluminum foil squares tightly over the top of each cup. Use a sharp knife to cut a small slit in the centre of the aluminum foil, then insert a popsicle stick through the slit and all the way down to the bottom of the cup. Repeat with all the cups. Transfer cups to the freezer for at least 3 hours to freeze.
- Brewed coffee layer: Combine the brewed coffee, milk, sugar, and espresso powder in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
- When custard layer is frozen, remove from freezer and carefully slide the aluminum foil up over the popsicle stick and away from the cup. Pour refrigerated brewed coffee mixture over top, filling to within ½-3/4 inch of the top. Return cups to the freezer and freeze for at least 2 hours.
- Espresso layer: Combine the boiling water with the espresso powder. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
- When brewed coffee layer is frozen, remove from freezer and top up each cup to the top with the refrigerated Espresso mixture. Return pops to the freezer for at least one hour.
- Iced caramel latte coffee pops are now ready to enjoy.