Lactose free coconut cookies dipped in chocolate
If there’s an ice cream, chocolate bar or any sweet treat that features chocolate and coconut, that’s what my brother wants. To him, chocolate and coconut make the best flavour combination ever, and though we may not see eye-to-eye on everything, coconut combined with chocolate is one thing we can agree upon. These cookies are for those, like my brother, who simply can’t get enough of coconut and chocolate. They are made with coconut oil, which imparts a delicate coconut flavour, and finished with a little melted chocolate and toasted shredded coconut. Simply perfect with a glass of Natrel Lactose Free Chocolate Milk!
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a large bowl, mix the melted coconut oil and sugar together using a wooden spoon.
- Add the egg and vanilla, and beat well. The mixture will thicken as you mix.
- Add the flour and salt to the bowl, and stir until you obtain a dough (you can use your hands if you find the dough is difficult to stir).
- Pipe or press out cookies on a baking sheet, spacing them an inch apart.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until the cookies just begin to brown around the edges. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- When the cookies are cool, dip one end in the melted chocolate and sprinkle with the shredded coconut.
- Place on a parchment-lined sheet for 1 hour or until the chocolate sets.
- Enjoy with a glass of Natrel Lactose Free Chocolate Milk.