Mac & Cheese on a Hot Dog with ANCO Medium Cheddar Sauce – Week 32: All sports
Hot dogs and Mac & Cheese are two of life’s little indulgences.
Nestled in a bun, steamed or grilled—hot dogs are nothing if not versatile. This week I decided to combine the two and make Mac & Cheese served on a hot dog. This recipe is made with beer and ANCO medium cheddar and served with grilled pork sausages. It’s perfect for a backyard BBQ or a game viewing party.
- In a saucepan, melt butter and soften onion and garlic.
- Add flour and stir for 1 minute, making sure the flour doesn’t brown.
- Add milk, beating with a whisk until smooth.
- Simmer for 15 minutes, stirring regularly until sauce thickens.
- Mix in beer, cheddar, Parmesan, mustard, and paprika. Stir half of sauce into pasta. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Serve sausages on buns topped with Mac & Cheese, remaining cheese sauce, and green onions.