Maple Hot Chocolate with a Caramel Swirl
Decadent hot chocolate topped with maple whipped cream and a swirl of salted caramel.
- In a saucepan, heat milk with sugar and cardamom (or cinnamon) over medium heat.
- Add chocolate and melt, stirring constantly. Heat until mixture is thick, then set aside.
- Pour cream and maple syrup into a bowl.
- Using an electric mixer, whip cream to form soft peaks.
- In a saucepan, combine sugar and water. Melt on low heat.
- As soon as the liquid starts to thicken, swirl the saucepan to stir. It’s important not to use a utensil—the caramel could crystalize.
- Remove from heat as soon as the liquid turns golden.
- Add butter and cream and stir to combine.
- Pour hot chocolate into pretty bowls.
- Top with whipped cream and a caramel swirl.