Maple Sweet Potato Bake
Sweet potato, maple syrup and walnuts combine to make a sweet but not-too-sweet dish that just sings “O Canada.” Easy to put together and makes a fabulous side dish to pretty much anything.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Poke holes into potatoes with a fork to vent, and place on a foil-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until soft throughout (you can test this by poking the potatoes with a fork again; if it goes in easily, they’re done).
- Let them cool enough to be handled, then cut them open and scrape the insides out into a bowl. Mash by hand or with a mixer until mostly smooth.
- Add the heavy cream, maple syrup and salt; mix well.
- Spread into an oven-safe dish and top with chopped walnuts. Drizzle a light coat of maple syrup on top. Bake for 30 minutes at 350°F.