Mini Maple-Blueberry Sticky Buns on a Stick
Mini maple and blueberry sticky buns with a maple glaze. Served on a stick, this dessert is sure to be a crowd-pleaser.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine flour, instant yeast, cinnamon and salt. Pour in partly skimmed maple milk, maple syrup and egg.
- Mix with the dough hook on low speed until almost incorporated.
- Add the butter and knead with the dough hook until the dough sticks slightly to the bottom but not to the sides. If the dough is too dry, add more milk, 1 tablespoon at a time. If it’s too wet, add flour, 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Form the dough into a ball and place in a large, lightly greased bowl.
- Cover with plastic wrap and allow to rise in a warm place for 1 to 1 ½ hours.
- While the dough is rising, combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix with a spatula. When the dough has risen, turn it out onto a lightly floured surface and roll out with a rolling pin until the dough measures approximately 20 inches by 10 inches.
- Cut the dough into ½- ¾ inch slices.
- Place in a greased muffin pan, cut side facing upwards.
- Cover with a kitchen towel and allow to rise in a warm spot for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Bake dough for 20 to 25 minutes or until buns are lightly golden.
- Remove from heat and, using a spatula, immediately remove buns from the muffin pan to transfer to a cooling rack.
- Allow to cool completely before glazing.
- Whisk together the glaze ingredients until smooth.
- Using a whisk or a spoon, drizzle over the cooled buns.