Mini Sliders with Crispy Crackling Milk-Braised Pork Belly
Tender milk-braised pork belly with crispy crackling topped with pickled cucumber and carrots, cilantro, hoisin sauce and sriracha - all tucked into soft, pillow-y slider buns.
Crispy Crackling Milk-Braised Pork Belly
- Preheat the oven to 250°F.
- Generously season pork belly with salt and pepper on all sides. Rub the belly with Chinese five spice. Place the belly, fat side up, in a small, deep, oven-safe roasting dish and cover with milk. Add crushed garlic and ginger.
- Roast, uncovered, for 3 hours. Remove the belly from the oven and place in another roasting dish, discarding the milk mixture. Turn the heat up to 400°F. Roast until deep golden brown, basting every ten minutes, for a total of 30 minutes or until the crackling is brown and crispy.
- Remove from the oven, place on a plate or cutting board and let rest for 15 minutes before slicing into 1-cm slices.
- Toss cucumber and carrot with salt and sugar. Let sit for 5 minutes, then rinse off and drain well.
- If desired, brush the tops of the slider buns with a bit of oil, then sprinkle on black sesame seeds and toast.
- Split buns in half and brush with hoisin sauce. Top with slices of pork belly, cucumbers, carrots, fresh cilantro, and sriracha. Enjoy immediately.