Mocha Cupcakes with Baileys
Delectable chocolate-coffee cupcakes with a touch of Baileys.
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler, stirring often. Add coffee and Baileys and stir to combine. Remove from heat and allow to cool 10 minutes. Add egg yolks and mix well.
- Place egg whites and salt in a large bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat into semi-stiff peaks. Add sugar, continuing to beat until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold egg whites into chocolate to combine. Pour into a large dish and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 12 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line cupcake or mini cupcake tins with paper cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Stir until batter is uniform.
- Divide batter among cupcake molds and bake 15–20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean. Remove from oven and leave to cool 20 minutes.
- Using your index finger, poke a deep hole in the centre of each cupcake. Using a piping bag or resealable sandwich bag, pipe chocolate mousse into hole to fill.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar and chocolate shavings to serve.