OKA mac & cheese with truffles — Week 2: Wow Your Guests
In light of this week’s Wow Your Guests theme, I wanted to make a more gourmet Mac & Cheese. Brimming with flavour in a creamy sauce made with truffles and mushroom OKA, this Mac & Cheese offers a delicious taste of cream with light mushroom notes.
The fresh truffles add a touch of refinement with their heavenly taste and fragrance.
Simple but filling, this Mac & Cheese is sure to please — and surprise — at your next dinner with friends.
- Preheat oven to 400 °F (200 °C).
- In a pot, melt butter and soften shallot for 3 to 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add flour and stir for 1 minute, making sure the flour doesn’t brown.
- Gradually add milk and cream, beating with a whisk to obtain a smooth sauce.
- Simmer for 15 minutes, stirring regularly until sauce thickens. Mix in truffle paste if you’re not using fresh truffles.
- Mix in pasta.
- Pour into a baking dish, alternating pasta and cheese layers. Finish with the cheese, top with breadcrumbs mixed with melted butter. Bake for about 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and golden.
- Just before serving, garnish with fresh truffle slices, to taste.