One-Pot Winter Veggie Pasta
This tasty, veggie-centric pasta will warm your belly and keep you cozy. Just a small stint at the stove and you’ll have a healthy meal ready in minutes.
- In a medium skillet, toast walnuts over medium-low heat until golden brown. Roughly chop and set aside to cool.
- Combine stock, penne, onion, broccoli, squash, garlic, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper into a large, heavy-bottomed pot. Set over high heat.
- As soon as it comes to a boil, set the timer for 8½ minutes and continually toss the contents of the pot together with long-handled tongs so that the pasta doesn’t stick. When the 8½ minutes is up, check the doneness of the pasta and the squash. Cook in additional 30-second increments, adding in more stock if necessary.
- When the pasta and the squash are fully cooked, remove from the heat and add in the peas, milk, goat cheese and basil. Stir everything together.
- Taste and add additional salt and pepper if desired. Garnish with toasted walnuts and fresh basil.