Don’t be put off by the long list of ingredients, because this Asian classic is super simple to make. And what’s more: It’s even tastier the next day for lunch! I always enjoy this dish served on basmati rice with peppers and sugar snap peas!
- Place all the Asian peanut sauce ingredients in a food processor and purée for about 10 seconds. Do not overmix – you still want a bit of texture! Set aside in the refrigerator.
- Place the chicken in a large bowl. Pour the Natrel Lactose Free over it. Set aside in the refrigerator for 1 hour to allow the chicken to become tender and juicy. Drain the chicken and add the hoisin sauce, lime zest, sesame oil, nuoc-mâm, brown sugar, rice vinegar and white wine. Mix well and set aside on the counter to marinate.
- In a large work or pot, add the onion, coconut milk and chicken broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce the temperature slightly and add the Asian peanut sauce, peanut butter and sriracha. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well until smooth.
- Add the chicken and its marinade. Cook, stirring regularly, for about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add the vegetables and cook for about 8 to 10 minutes, or until the chicken is well cooked. Serve on your favourite rice and garnish with the parsley and peanuts.