Smoky spanish cream cheese dip
This Spanish-inspired dip gets its flavour from smoked paprika and caramelized onions.
- In a medium pot on high heat, cook the chopped onions for 5 minutes, until softened.
- Cover with a lid, and cook for 25 minutes more, stirring occasionally. In the last couple of minutes, remove the lid and allow the liquid to evaporate off. Onions should be dark, very soft, and caramelized. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, beat together the cream cheese and the cream until smooth.
- Stir in the onions, smoked paprika, salt, and 1/4 cup of the chives.
- Remove to a serving platter, sprinkle lightly with additional paprika, and garnish with remaining chives. Serve at room temperature.