S’more hot chocolate
This s’more hot chocolate is a tasty twist on the classic campfire indulgence. With a shot or two of coffee liqueur, it will get you through a grey, drizzly summer day or a cool night of camping, and it’s the perfect excuse to build a fire and toast marshmallows.
- Heat 2 to 3 marshmallows over a fire so that they melt inside, then smear the melted marshmallow around the rim of each mug using a knife or spoon. Quickly dip the sticky rim into the crushed graham cracker cookies. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, whisk together the milk, cocoa powder and cane sugar.
- Heat over medium-high heat until the milk is hot and the sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from the heat and add the liqueur.
- Divide the hot chocolate between the prepared mugs.
- Spear marshmallows with long twigs or sticks gathered around the campground or use long BBQ skewers.
- Toast marshmallows over a campfire to serve with the mugs of hot chocolate.