Spiced banana bread
This banana bread lends a wonderful spicy note to the menu for a satisfying meal. I love making this original take on the traditional version. The palate swings between sweet cinnamon and spicy ginger with each slice. Ideal for brunch, it’s a snap to make and leaves me time to take care of the rest of the items on the menu.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Butter a 4” X 8” loaf pan and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix the sugar, salt, spices, baking powder and flour together. Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix the remaining ingredients. Add to the flour mixture, whisking, until the texture is consistent.
- Pour into the pan and bake in the oven for 50 minutes or until a knife inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Let cool to room temperature and serve.