Strawberry-Saffron Panna Cotta
- Soak your gelatin sheets in cold water for 5 minutes in a big bowl, then strain and set aside.
- Heat milk and saffron on high heat in a pan. Whisk in the vanilla and sugar, and be sure to mix it well. When the milk is heated, add your gelatin sheets one at a time. Mix together until the sheets are completely dissolved into the milk.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 10 minutes. Pour your panna cotta mix into ramekins and let them cool to room temperature. Chill in the fridge for 4 to 5 hours until they are completely firm.
- Once chilled, top with the jam and chocolate shavings and serve!
- Wash strawberries and remove stems. In a large salad bowl, toss sugar, saffron and whole strawberries (very large strawberries can be cut in half) and transfer into a pot.
- Simmer over medium-low heat for about 30 minutes. Stir occasionally with a wooden spoon, be sure not to crush the berries. Pour the mixture directly into sterilized jam jars and close immediately. Set jars upside down and allow to cool before storing (right side up).