This typical Italian egg casserole is sure to become a brunch favourite. It’s easy to prepare the night before, so all you have to do is pop it in the oven before the guests arrive. Say good morning with kale!
- 10 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups Natrel Fine-filtered Milk
- 6 cups stale whole-wheat or multigrain bread, in cubes
- 4 cups chopped kale
- 360 g ham, cut into strips (julienne)
- 2 cups grated aged cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper
- In a large bowl, blend eggs and milk. Add lots of pepper and a little bit of salt. Stir in rest of ingredients to blend.
- Spread evenly in 13" x 9" baking dish. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight. If pressed for time, allow at least 1 hour for bread to soak.
- Place rack in center of oven. Preheat to 350°F.
- Remove plastic wrap and bake approx. 1 hour or until stratta is well cooked in the centre. Allow to cool for 10 minutes; serve with a green or tomato salad.