Enjoy a delicious twist on a classic sundae. The peanut brittle caramel sundae, made with Natrel Lactose Free Very Vanilla Ice Cream, caramel popcorn and your choice of caramel or maple syrup, promises a frosty ride in an ice cream bowl. Plus, it’s perfect for cooling down on a hot sunny day!
- 1 container Natrel Lactose Free Very Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1 CUP caramel popcorn
- ½ CUP caramel or maple sauce (your choice)
- 4-8 chunks of peanut brittle
Peanut brittle Ingredients
- 1 CUP sugar
- ¼ CUP water
- ¼ CUP corn syrup
- ½ CUP Natrel Lactose free butter, cubed
- 1 CUP unsalted roasted peanuts
- ½ TSP. baking soda
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large saucepan, on medium-high heat, bring the sugar, water and corn syrup to a boil. Once the sugar has melted, boil the mixture, without stirring, for 10 minutes or until it is a golden caramel. (To know if it is cooked enough, put a drop of the caramel into some ice water. If it hardens, it’s ready!)
- Lower heat to medium-low and add the butter, 1 piece at a time, whisking until combined. Add the peanuts and cook for 1 minute, stirring with a wooden spoon. Add the baking soda and stir to blend. (It will bubble up slightly.)
- Pour the mixture onto the baking sheet and spread quickly with a spatula. Cool completely. Break the mixture into chunks and store in a dry place.
To assemble the sundaes
- Start with a generous scoop or two of ice cream each.
- Drizzle with caramel sauce and then top with some caramel popcorn and peanut brittle