Poor man’s pudding, a classic, is already delicious, but it’s simply perfect with a touch of chocolate.
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup Natrel unsalted butter, cut into chunks
- 2 cups flour
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 ¼ cup of Natrel Chocolate Milk
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare the sauce: In a pan, heat the maple syrup with the water, melt the butter and stir vigorously. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Prepare the pudding: In a bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder and sugar together.
- Mix the chocolate milk and oil together; stir into batter. Pour into the pan, evenly distributing the batter with a spatula.
- Pour the maple sauce on top and bake for 40 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Cool to room temperature. Turn over the pudding before serving.