Beef and pork hamburgers with sweet bacon and chipotle mayonnaise
There is nothing like a summer BBQ to get everyone around the table in a festive mood! I’m a big fan of delicious, gourmet meals made on the grill, so I am constantly inventing new takes on grilled dishes and hamburgers. My lucky guests enjoy the best of my discoveries. This hamburger recipe is easy to make and won’t fail to impress! It’s tasty, original and full of flavours.
- Heat the oven to 400ºF (200ºC). Place the bacon slices on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle the sugar over the bacon and season with the paprika to taste.
- Bake in the oven for 10 to 12 minutes, turning over halfway through, or until the bacon has browned. Set aside and let cool.
- In a large bowl, add the meat, feta, egg, milk, breadcrumbs and parsley. Season with pepper. Mix together using your hands. Make 4 large patties. Set aside in the refrigerator.
- In another bowl, mix together all the ingredients for the sauce. Adjust seasoning if necessary. Set aside in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the grill to 400ºF (200ºC). Lightly oil the grill and place the patties on the grill. Cook for 2-3 minutes and then turn them 45 degrees.
Continue to cook for 2-3 minutes and then flip over. Repeat steps again (cook for 2-3 minutes, turn 45 degrees and then cook another 2-3 minutes). Check for doneness. The meat should be cooked, depending on the thickness of the patty. Use indirect cooking, if necessary. A few minutes before the end of cooking, top the patties with a slice of cheese, allowing it to melt, and lightly grill the buns.
- Now assemble your masterpieces: Spread 1 tbsp. of sauce on both halves of each bun. Add 2-3 lettuce leaves on the bottom halves. Top with a patty, a tomato slice and then 2 bacon slices. Close with the top half of the buns and secure with a large toothpick!