Beer and Maple Pulled Pork
Easy to make and guaranteed to please, this dish is great for buffet dinners and family get-togethers.
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Place pork and garlic in a dutch oven. Pour beer over pork and replace lid.
- Place in the oven and cook for 4 hours, turning pork over halfway through cooking.
- Reserve cooking juices and transfer pork to a large bowl. Using two forks, pull pork apart and set aside.
- In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add flour and whisk to blend. Gradually add 1 cup cooking juices, whisking continuously. Add maple milk, salt and pepper. Cook 8 minutes, stirring often, until sauce thickens slightly.
- Pour sauce over pork and mix well.