Chicken thigh tray bake with creamy gravy
This hearty and comforting chicken dish is perfect for Sunday night dinner.
- Preheat the oven to 375. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the potatoes hassle-back style, cutting slits along one side of the potatoes without slicing them all the way through. Place in a large tray pan.
- Add chicken thighs, carrots, potatoes and garlic to the pan. Drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with thyme, salt and pepper and toss.
- Cook for 1 hour or until chicken is cooked and a knife can easily be inserted into the potatoes.
- Pour the chicken’s pan juices into a small saucepan. Add chicken stock and herbs. Bring to a boil.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and 2 tablespoons of milk. Add to the saucepan. Reduce to a simmer and add 1 cup of milk. Cook until the sauce thickens, about 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.