Chocolate Banana Bread
A chocolatey version of your classic banana bread.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter a rectangular 9"x5" cake pan.
- Pour chocolate milk and lemon juice in a measuring cup. Mix well and set aide.
- In a large bowl, blend flours, baking soda, baking powder, salt and nutmeg.
- With an electric mixer at medium speed, beat butter and sugar. Add eggs, vanilla, and rum; beat to combine. Add bananas and beat for an additional 10 seconds.
- Remove bowl from electric mixer. Add 1/3 dry ingredients. Using hands, combine until just moist. Add 1/2 chocolate milk and blend by hand 1 minute. Repeat process with another 1/3 dry ingredients and rest of chocolate milk. Finish with last 1/3 dry ingredients, adding nuts and chocolate chips before combining.
- Pour mixture into cake mold. Bake 1 hour or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven. Allow to cool 5 to 10 minutes before loosening from pan to serve.