Grilled Chicken and Kale Salad with Maple Dressing
A healthy summer salad drizzled with a creamy maple dressing.
To marinate chicken
- Place all ingredients in a zip bag or shallow dish, add a few generous pinches of salt and pepper and shake or whisk to combine.
- Insert chicken breasts in the container and marinate for an hour.
For the dressing
- While the chicken is marinating, bring milk to a simmer over medium heat.
- Simmer until the liquid is reduced by half, about 5 to 6 minutes. Let cool to room temperature.
- Place all ingredients, including cooled milk reduction, in a sealable jar or container and shake until combined.
- Set aside until you're ready to eat the dish, and shake one last time before dressing the salad.
To cook chicken
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Remove chicken breasts from marinade and place them on the grill.
- Cook, turning occasionally, until internal temperature reaches 165°F, about 25 minutes.
- Let cool on a plate tented with tin foil for 10 minutes.
- After cooling, slice chicken into strips.
To assemble the salad
- Place kale in a large bowl and drizzle with the olive oil. Massage the oil into the kale to soften the leaves.
- Add the rest of the salad ingredients and toss with ¼ cup of the maple dressing.
- Place on serving dishes and top with grilled chicken strips.