Individual Blueberry & Cream Trifles
Elegant trifles that taste as heavenly as they look.
For the jam
- Set aside ¼ cup of the berries for garnish.
- Bring all ingredients to a boil in a medium-sized saucepan. Turn down to a simmer and cook for 6-7 minutes or until thick. Stir frequently.
- Let cool while you put the cake and cream mixtures together.
For the cake layer
- In a small bowl, mix the cream cheese, milk, lemon zest and juice and cinnamon until creamy and smooth. Set aside until you're ready to assemble.
For the whipped cream
- Pour the cream, honey/maple and vanilla in a large bowl or in a stand mixer bowl. Beat until stiff peaks form. Taste and add more honey/maple syrup if needed.
- Coat cake cubes with a bit of the milk/cream cheese mixture.
- Place ⅓ of the softened cake cubes on the bottom of a trifle dish.
- Top with ¼ of the whipped cream mixture.Follow with ⅓ of the blueberry jam mixture.
- Repeat until you've used all the ingredients, ending with a layer of whipped cream.
- Garnish with fresh blueberries.