Mac & Cheese and Toppings — Week 9: Sharing with Friends
Mac & Cheese is a great dish to share with friends. It can be simple or fancy, all depending on the ingredients and presentation.
With the New Year coming soon, I wanted to create a festive dinner dish to share with friends. A classic but delicious Mac & Cheese served with an array of toppings — like crispy bacon, pancetta or prosciutto paired with caramelized onions and crushed nuts. Give your imagination free rein to dream up toppings your guests will love.
- In a pot, melt butter and soften onion and garlic for 2 to 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add flour and stir for 1 minute, making sure the flour doesn’t brown.
- Gradually add milk and cream while beating with a whisk to obtain a smooth sauce. Simmer for 15 minutes, stirring regularly until the sauce thickens.
- Add the cheese, followed by the pasta.
- Serve with toppings to taste.