Easy Halloween DIY
Autumn is my favourite season, with its bright colours and spooky Halloween decorations. I get a kick out of dressing up my front door each year for all the neighbourhood kids. Here are two simple ideas that you can easily do with the family to give your home a fun Halloween look.
- Step 1
Paint a few of your pumpkins white all over. Several layers will be required to make them solid white.
- Step 2
Dab the sponge in the gold paint and make dots on the pumpkins, creating an attractive pattern. For nice, uniform dots, use a round foam brush.
- Step 3
On another pumpkin, apply the masking tape to mark off the areas to be painted.
- Step 4
Paint the uncovered parts gold, removing the tape quickly when done.
- Step 5
Colour your last pumpkin gold all over.
- For a pretty effect, take a black felt pen and write out your home’s street number.
- Have fun painting your pumpkins with chalkboard paint. That way you can create new messages each day!
- If you wish to light up your pumpkins, you will of course have to hollow them out before you decorate.
- Stencils of rats
- Black adhesive paper
- Cut out the rat stencils and trace them on the back of the adhesive paper. For the rat stencil, you can find many different ones on websites offering royalty-free images. Be creative -- there are so many possibilities!
- Cut them out from the paper and stick them around your home inside and out.