All-dressed Mac & Cheese with French Emmental - Week 22: Pizza-Style
Everybody loves pizza night, right?
Pizza is a staple in Italian cooking. Margherita, Napoletana and Quattro formaggi are all popular combinations. But our favourite at home is pizza with everything.
Given this week’s Pizza theme, I decided to make a deliciously creamy all-dressed Mac & Cheese.
A basic Mac & Cheese topped with tomato sauce, peppers, mushrooms and pepperoni and baked to perfection with Agropur Import Collection French Emmental. A tasty tribute to the corner pizzeria.
Buon appetito a tutti!
- Preheat the oven to 400 °F (200°C).
- In a saucepan, heat the oil and sweat the garlic.
- Add the tomatoes and coarsely crush them using a potato masher. Season with salt and pepper.
- Let simmer over low heat for about 20 minutes.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter and soften the garlic.
- Add the flour and stir for 1 minute, making sure the flour doesn’t brown.
- Add the milk and cream, beating with a whisk until smooth.
- Simmer for 15 minutes, stirring regularly until sauce thickens.
- Stir in half the cheeses, followed by the pasta. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour into a baking dish and cover with the marinara sauce, remaining cheeses, mushrooms, peppers and pepperoni.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until golden.