Bacon and chive corn pudding
Very much like a crustless quiche, this bacon and chive corn pudding will make the perfect creamy side dish for your corn-filled, late-summer menu.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF (180ºC). Grease a 10-inch round baking dish that is at least 2 inches deep with the butter. Set aside.
- Using a knife, remove kernels from the ears of corn. You should end up with about 3¼ cups of corn kernels.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat, add the bacon and stir to break up the pieces. Continue heating the bacon until it is cooked through, stirring occasionally. Add the corn and stir well. Continue cooking for 3 more minutes or until the corn is cooked.
- Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk the Natrel Lactose Free 3.25%, cream and eggs. Stir in a generous amount of pepper, the chives and cooled bacon and corn mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the greased dish and bake in the oven for about 40 minutes. The surface of the pudding will appear set and golden brown around the edge, and the centre will still be a little soft.
- Remove from the oven and let cool 10 minutes before serving with a sprinkling of fresh chives and a little more freshly ground pepper.