BBQ-flavoured tofu kebabs with pineapple and maple-paprika butter
Joanna, the creative mind behind the blog À la vie, à la mode, shares a recipe for exotic tofu kebabs to grill on the BBQ.
- Cut the drained tofu into medium-sized cubes. In a large bowl, mix the tofu with the BBQ sauce. Let stand 15 minutes to flavour the tofu.
- Cut the pineapple into quarters around ¾” thick.
- In a bowl, mix the butter with the remaining ingredients (maple syrup, cayenne pepper, paprika, garlic,
fleur de sel and pepper). Place about two-thirds of the flavoured butter in the refrigerator and set aside the remaining third for Step 5.
- Thread the skewers, alternating between the tofu cubes and pineapple quarters.
- Melt the flavoured butter (one-third) from Step 3. Using a brush, baste the kebabs with the butter.
- Cook the kebabs on the grill for 6 minutes on each side or until the pineapple is browned on the edges. If you are using a charcoal BBQ, make sure the coals are not so hot that they burn the tofu.
- Serve accompanied by the chilled flavoured butter.