Bread pudding is one of the simplest ways to transform stale bread into a variety of treats. Savory or sweet bread puddings are versatile, easy to make and quite delicious.
- Grease a 9 x 6-inch baking dish with the coconut oil and set aside. In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, Natrel Lactose Free 2%, cream, vanilla and sugar until combined.
- Spread jam on only one side of each slice of bread and position jam-side down in baking dish until the slices of bread are snug. Pour the mixture over bread.
- Sprinkle in and around each slice of bread with the chopped chocolate. Let stand for 30 minutes to allow bread to soak up the mixture.
- Meanwhile preheat the oven to 320°F. In a small saucepan combine the 1 cup of raspberries with the ¼ cup sugar and 2 tbsps of water. Let simmer for about 5 minutes on medium high heat, stirring constantly, until the desired consistency is reached. (The sauce will thicken further as it cools.) With a fine sieve strainer, strain the sauce to remove any seeds. Let cool.
- Brush the tops of each slice with the melted coconut oil and top with coarse sugar and sliced almonds. Let bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool for 10 minutes then serve with the raspberry sauce and fresh raspberries.