Butter Chicken Mac & Cheese with ANCO Gouda – Week 47: Indian-style
For this week’s “Indian-style” theme, I immediately thought of ever-popular butter chicken.
Gently simmered chicken in a spicy, creamy sauce with ANCO Gouda.
This Mac & Cheese will win you over with its spicy, exotic aromas.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). In a bowl, combine croutons with melted butter. Toast and set aside.
- Combine ginger, garlic, and curry paste in a bowl. Thoroughly coat chicken pieces with the mixture and refrigerate.
- In a saucepan, melt butter and soften onion and garlic.
- Add flour and stir for 1 minute, making sure the flour doesn’t brown.
- Add lactose free milk and cream, beating with a whisk until smooth.
- Simmer for 15 minutes, stirring regularly until sauce thickens.
- Stir in half the cheese, followed by the pasta. Season with salt and pepper. Pour into a baking dish and set aside.
- In a skillet, heat oil and brown chicken. Set aside on a plate.
- Brown the onion in the same skillet.
- Add the tomatoes and lactose free cream and place the chicken back in the skillet. Simmer over low heat until chicken is cooked.
- Arrange the chicken on top of the macaroni, cover with remaining cheese, and bake for about 15 minutes or until golden.
- Garnish with buttered croutons and green onions.