Butter pecan granola mix
Granola makes a great gift because most everybody loves granola. And when you layer the ingredients for a batch of granola in a Mason jar, it makes a particularly stunning gift. Feel free to customize the granola mix with ingredients that your friends and family will love. If you want to add dried fruit to the mix (like cranberries), simply tie a small bag of the fruit to the ribbon and instruct the recipients to stir in the fruit after the granola has baked.
These pre-made jars are also perfect if you wish to take part in the Natrel Greatest Dessert Exchange. Make a bunch in advance and give them in December when the time is right!
Before giving your jar, don’t forget to download and print this tag with the ingredients and steps to make the recipe.
- In a 750 mL mason jar (or even 1 L), carefully layer the granola mix ingredients. Close the jar and cover the lid with a piece of fabric secured with ribbon. Tie the wooden spoon to the jar with the ribbon.To prepare the granola
- Preheat the oven to 300ºF (150ºC).
- In a medium saucepan, combine the butter and maple syrup on medium heat until the butter is melted. Add the contents of the Mason jar to the saucepan. Stir together, reduce heat to medium-low and continue stirring to thoroughly coat the mixture with the syrup.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and transfer the granola to a parchment-lined baking sheet. Spread it out in an even layer. Bake the granola for about 40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes, until the granola is golden brown. Let cool completely. Transfer back to the jar and store.
- Enjoy with a glass of Natrel Caramel Latte Milk.