Caramel Apple Jam
- In a pan, mix the sugar, brown sugar and milk.
- Insert a food thermometer and cook over medium heat until the mixture reaches 240°F. Stir a few times while cooking to prevent the mixture from sticking to the bottom.
- Once you reach 240°F, place the pan in a cold water bath. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, peel and cut the apples into cubes.
- Bake in the microwave for 5 minutes. Purée until smooth.
- Add applesauce and butter to the caramel mixture.
- Beat the mixture with an electric mixer for 3 or 4 minutes, until very thick.
- Pour into jars.