Chocolate Barbecued Ribs
Spareribs coated in chocolate BBQ sauce. Delicious!
- In a bowl, mix dry-rub ingredients (except ribs) to combine.
- Place meat in large dish with hermetic lid. Massage dry rub into ribs to coat completely. Close lid and place dish in fridge for at least 3 hours.
- Place oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 300°F. Place ribs on a large baking sheet bone tips down (that way the meat won’t stick to the baking sheet) and bake approximately 2 ½ hours. Remove from oven, drain fat and set aside.
- In a pot over medium heat, cook onion and chipotle pepper with a bit of olive oil, approx. 4–5 minutes. Add beer, chocolate milk, ketchup, lime juice, and sugar. Salt. Stir to blend.
- Bring liquid to a boil and reduce heat. Allow to simmer 5–6 minutes or until sauce thickens. Remove from heat. Add chocolate, stirring to melt. Use a hand blender to purée.
- Brush ribs generously with sauce. Place on baking sheet and broil in oven, a few minutes on each side, to caramelize. Serve with extra sauce on the side.