Cranberry Crumble with Vanilla-Maple Custard
Fruit and Crumble
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a small saucepan, combine cranberries, sugar, spices and orange zest. Over medium-high heat, cook down slightly, for about 5 minutes, until the cranberries pop and turn slightly jammy.
- In a bowl, combine flour, oats, sugar and butter. Using your fingers, mix until crumbly.
- Add cranberry mixture to an ovenproof dish, mix in the raspberries and top with the crumble mixture.
- Bake for 25 to 35 minutes, until the top is golden and the sides start bubbling.
- Meanwhile, beat egg whites with maple syrup until pale, about two minutes.
- In a saucepan, pour Natrel Lactose Free 2% and cream and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Stirring constantly, slowly pour half of the Natrel Lactose Free 2% mixture into the eggs.
- Pour the tempered egg mixture back to the pan and add vanilla paste.
- Over medium-low heat, cook for another five minutes, stirring constantly, until the mixture coats the back of a wooden spoon. Strain through a fine sieve to catch any lumps that may have appeared.
- Serve the crumble hot, topped with warm or cool custard.