Crunchy Chocolate spread
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place the hazelnuts on a baking sheet and bake for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Remove the fine brown skin that covers the hazelnuts, using a cloth or by rubbing them between your hands. It’s normal for a bit of the skin to remain.
- In a blender, reduce the hazelnuts and cashews to a powder. Add the salt, then run the blender again for about 3 minutes or until the mixture becomes pasty. In a microwave, melt the chocolate and then incorporate it into the nut mixture. Mix well.
- In a pan, heat the milk, sugar and maple syrup and then slowly add to the nut mixture, keeping the blender running all the while.
- Use a bit less or a bit more milk to achieve the desired consistency, keeping in mind that the Nutella® will firm up as it cools.