Easy chocolate and berry ice cream sandwiches
This chocolatey indulgence makes sunny days even more delightful. The added fruity touch packs a wallop of freshness. One bite and these double-chocolate berry ice cream sandwiches are guaranteed to become your favourite summer treat!
- Beat the butter, white sugar and brown sugar until the mixture is pale. Mix in the vanilla extract.
- Add the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt, alternating with the milk. Stir until the mixture is combined. Mix in the chocolate chips. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Make 10 balls with the cookie dough and place them on the sheet. Cook in the oven for 8 minutes. Let cool completely on a cooling rack.
For berry ice cream:
- Place all the ingredients for the ice cream in an electric mixing bowl. Mix for about 5 minutes until the mixture has tripled in volume.
- Place the ice cream mixture in an airtight jar. Freeze for 4 to 6 hours.
- Once the ice cream is frozen, place 1 or 2 tbsp. of ice cream on a cookie and top it with another cookie to make a sandwich. Enjoy immediately or cover the sandwich with plastic wrap and place in the freezer. Repeat until you have made 5 ice cream sandwiches. Mmm… the sweet taste of summer!